What is SEO?
SEO stands for “search engine optimization.” It is the process of improving traffic from the natural or organic search results in the major search engines. The major search engines, Google, Yahoo and Bing show several types of results on their search engine results page (SERP), these include your standard website links, images, videos, local business listings, as well as social media posts.
Do’s & Don’t of SEO
- Build a website that is usable
- Think the way your audience thinks
- Write interesting and informative content for your audience, not you.
- Make your content shareable.
- Manually submit your site to valid and informative directories
- Write informative title tags with keywords
- Write informative meta descriptions with keywords and a call to action
- Promote your content on Social Media
- Use 301 redirects when moving pages
- Keep your content up-to-date
- Submit and monitor your site with Google Webmaster Tools
- Use schema.org tagging
- Wait too long to implement SEO
- Join link farms
- Submit your site to directories using automated programs
- Stuff keywords into your content
- Redirect URLs in an unnatural way
- Ignore other media (images and video)
- Duplicate content on your domain or others
- Ignore usability
- Use Black Hat techniques, you will get banned from Google.
How Can We Help?
Ed Doherty Jr. provides Search Engine Optimization services to small and medium size businesses looking to increasing their visibility in search, including local SEO. We will start with an in depth site review, this includes a technical review of your site hosting platform, CMS system among other issues that may be preventing your site being found by the search engines. The technical review will be followed by a content and usability review. Final documentation is provided outlining all of the recommendations. After the review, we can also provide expertise to implement the changes your site needs to improve in organic search.
For more information and to schedule a review of your site, please contact us today at 347-389-4986 or by email.